Join 70k+ Readers!

powered by TinyLetter

My take aways from Shark Tank

Shark Tank India

Hey Explorers

Shark Tank has always been on top of my watch list.

It was 2014, when I came across the word Entrepreneur for the first time, I was in class 9th; startup was the another word that fascinated me.

From then, Shark Tank US, Australia, UK became a source to explore & understand markets, pitching & investments for me.

but, 2021 was ready to change my view & understanding, when Shark Tank India (STInd) was announced; I was super excited to explore the ecosystem in India, moreover I was even more excited to see who will be the Sharks on this season.

Lets look into my key take aways from Shark Tank India, & this seasons' cool sharks :)



Shark Tank India highlighted the start-up ecosystem in the nation. It showed what Indians can do to empower the world, what uniqueness entrepreneur can add to their product or service, it showed the ideas that we can introduce, it showed the perfect partnership of family, husband-wife, friends, brother-sister, it showed the power of youth, & courage of elders. 

I'm more excited to share my take aways from Sharks :) 
so lets take-off to this!

Vineeta Singh, CEO Sugar Cosmetics - Learn to say No.
Yes, you read it right, Learn to say No; Vineeta Ma'am declined 1 Cr job offer after post graduating from IIM, A'bad  to start a company & live her dreams :)
She also proved that husband-wife can overcome all obstacles & put a bench mark in the startup industry.

Peyush Bansal, CEO & Co-founder Lenskart - Sir if you are reading this blog, I just wanna say, you inspire me in every aspect of life, & you are my favourite :)
Peyush sir taught me that a person from technical background can be a successful Entrepreneur. He taught me that every time its not about numbers; if the outcome is in the favour of helping humanity you should invest ( time, money or your knowledge ),  his interest & investment in purpose driven ideas are truly mesmerizing. His interest in tech evolution encourages me to evolve my knowledge in tech ideas. Sir, being in Space industry, I am a tech person; & people like you inspire me to introduce tech idea whose outcomes are great products & services :) 
Sir I share a very similar path &  journey like yours, I wanted to join iit, but wasn't able to be in the cut off list for Aerospace Engineering, to follow my deep passion for Space Engineering & technology I started with internships in space startups while pursuing my B.Tech, in Aerospace; from second year I have been working with start-ups in core technical departments of space industry. I just want to express my gratitude towards you. Thank you sir :) 

Ghazal Alagh, Co-founder & Chief Mama Mamaearth - Your partner can be your perfect business partner.
Ghazal Ma'am & her husband took Mamaearth to a billion dollar company in just 5 years. Their perfect partnership made Mamaearth the first unicorn of 2022. Our sweet lover shark is so sweet to take up the chair of shark while living most important period on a journey to be a mother. Hats-off to such an amazing lady.

Ashneer Grover, MD & Co-founder Bharat Pe - Experience is worth more than a billion dollar.
Ashneer sir proved this, he has worked for companies like PC Jewellers, Grofers, American Express & Kotak Investment Banking. He Co-founded BharatPe after 14 years of experience in corporate world. 
His experience made BharatPe one of the fastest growing fintech startup in India with market cap of 4 billion dollars.

Aman Gupta, Co-founder & CMO boAt - Your background don't decide your destination. 
Aman sir is a CA & double MBA; his craziness & experience made boAt one of world's biggest wearable brand. His idea & strategy of naming the company & turning it into a brand is just awesome. Every child knowns boAt, how; as school teaches A for apple, B for boat,  .....

Namita Thapar, Executive Director Emcure - You can be an expert in business & family.
Namita Ma'am 's expertise in business world while being a mother is mesmerizing. Moreover she is not just the ED of Emcure but also, Reginal Board member of Fuqua School of Business & a movie lover. 
she proved that a CA, MBA & an investor can be a movie lover of top grade :)

Anupam Mittal, Founder & CEO People Group & Shaadi.com - You need to invest in Future.
Anupam sir, I admire him a lot; his understanding & maturity is at another level. He has always invested himself in future. A future ready person, he founded Shaadi.com in 1997, when I was not even born & very less people had internet access. He is proving that age is just a number, at 51 he looks like if he is in his 20s ! His background as an investor inspired many entrepreneurs to start their investment journey in other startups.


This were my take aways from Shark Tank & this seasons' cool sharks, I wish to see them in next season too :)

you guys must be having your take aways from the show & our sharks, let me know yours in comments, you can also share those with me on other platforms;

Click here to connect with me on Twitter, Ig, LinkedIn, Clubhouse & other platforms !

Thanks | Gratitude 
Sahil Parmar - Sky is the Lower limit, Look beyond it :)


Post a Comment

0 Comments